If you have questions or concerns, contact one of the committee members below!
Director Christian Education
Kathy Wells Edwards
Scholarship Committee Chair
Scholarship Committee Co-Chair
The mission of the Scholarship Committee Ministry is to provide information and resources that will benefit the high school students of New Bethlehem Baptist Church.
The primary goal of the ministry is to select, and award eligible high school students with a scholarship to assists with college expenses, as well as provide other financial information. Eligibility includes the following:
- The student must be a member of New Bethlehem Baptist Church to apply and receive the scholarship.
- The student’s ministry involvement. The student must be actively involved in a New Bethlehem Baptist Church ministry of their choice for the entire school year to apply and receive the scholarship. See application for ministry participation and verification guidelines.
- The student must be enrolled in an accredited college or university for two consecutive semesters/terms. (Student must enroll and attend the same year of high school graduation to remain eligible).
- The student must submit verification of enrollment and a validated schedule by the dates listed below:
- If you begin school in the Summer term of your graduating year, requested documents must be received no later than June 15.
- If you begin school in the Fall term of your graduating year, requested documents must be received no later than October 1.
- REMINDER: (No retroactive disbursements will be made).
Our calendar of events and activities begin in October and culminate in June each year. See full calendar below. Events and activities include:
- Financial Aid Workshop – FAFSA.
- Annual College and Career Fair.
- Complete application process.
- Senior’s meeting with the Pastor.
The first step to apply for this scholarship is to complete the profile form below. Next, download and complete the application and return to the Church Secretary.
Below, is the Scholarship Application and the High School Senior Profile Form